Easy raw vegan brownies that are also grain-free, keto, and extra fudgy! These Raw Espresso Brownies are the perfect way to satisfy a chocolate craving without refined sugar.
Ok so I do this thing where every once in a while I REALLY want chocolate, but then I don’t want it for like 10 months. But when that moment hits, man, chocolate better be ready for me somewhere. My solution? Keep a batch of these brownies in my freezer. Then as soon as the chocolate attack hits I’m ready to go.
I’ve made a lot of Paleo brownies in my life, but what I love about these is that they’re no-bake, which is always a plus in Arizona. That, and I literally never have sugar in my cabinet, so sugar-less desserts are certainly a win. Healthy, easy brownies that freeze well??!! Are we dreaming? Maybe. But I’m gonna go with it.
Tips for making these Raw Vegan Espresso Brownies:
- Use good, moist dates. Make sure you soak them for a bit if they’re dry.
- Use a good food processor to make the ingredients extra smooth. The more smooth you can get the batter, the fudgier these brownies will be!
Raw Espresso Brownies
- 1.5 cups cashews
- 2 cups Medjool dates if the dates are dry/tough, soak in a bowl of warm water for 30 mins before making these
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp espresso powder/ground coffee
- 1/4 tsp salt
Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper (or use a loaf pan for thick brownies.)
Place cashews in the food processor and process until finely ground.
Add the dates to the food processor and process until a smooth mixture forms
Add the cocoa powder, espresso, and sea salt and pulse to combine.
Spread brownie mixture into the prepared dish and press to flatten (use damp fingers if necessary.)
Chill in the fridge/freezer for 1 hour, then slice and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Don’t forget to tag @moriah.brooke #ellefaiteats!